Ahad, 7 Ogos 2011

The story

I posted this below before in my other now private blog. Enjoy!

Summary; Unethical salesman + low quality of a high end laptop= customer got pawned

1-Bought this P.O.S(DELL XPS M1530) on July 2009 from a salesman(01755950*3) from Ezytronic(a shop name). At first very(2x) friendly with 10 free gifts to win my heart. Yeah. Epic. (From what I remembered this Ezytronic shop is based on Bukit Mertajam though when they send me a 500gb HDD replacement, the courier box come from an address in Subang Jaya. Now they have a shop in Lowyatt, KL. Check the Facebook. I already 'unlike' them due to no reply for my question. Read below for more info.)

2-I remember when I want to buy the laptop, I asked bout the repair services, the salesman (01755950*3) answered that I can just call Dell and the Dell technician will come to my place all around Malaysia. No problem at all. Sound nice eh? And now sh*t happened. No service tag and Dell wont give a damn. Just now(after a year) Ezytronic mentioned bout refurbish and new unit
. The salesman (01755950*3) just passing me to other person and never said sorry for my difficulty.

3-Cost me near to RM3K and 1 year warranty only.(Spec-4 gig RAM and 400gb HDD(later replaced to 500gb due to lousy original HDD) with Nvidia Geforce 256mb. Red Color).

4-Few weeks after, the AC adapter 3 pin plug got burnt. Contact Ezytronic(I contacted the guy who deliver me the laptop-already lost his number now) but to no avail(1st bad business ethic). Next 3 months, got dead HDD(got new one from Ezytronic after serious attempt (these where still under warranty at that time).

5-Warranty expired period- 3 months after expired, the motherboard died. Black screen problem after loading. Try several methods from Google but still nothing. Don't forget bout the dead speaker(less than a month after bought) and nonchargeable battery also(common problem with Dell. I know. I also got Dell Latitude C640.Got it from my Dad).

6-Contact the Dell Technical Support(1800880022) and they request 'service tag'. No. Ezytronic did not provide me with it. So I contact Ezytronic today(January 6th,2011) and still waiting. The salesman(01755950*3) promised to contact his Boss(why? cant you settle it yourself since you the one who sold it to me behalf of your company?)(2nd bad business ethic). Its okay to do business but please provide also good help on after sales service. Okay.I wait but not forever.

Lesson learned.

1-Do not buying any Dell's laptop.Or there will be a great regret.A VERY GREAT REGRET.

2-Should check everything when buy the laptop(service tag,warranty,etc).

3-Dell website just wanted to sell and they don't give a damn bout their customer once the product sold.At least on my case.

4-DELL XPS M1530 IS A WORLDWIDE PROBLEM.NO RECALL.DOESN'T CARE BOUT THE COMPLAINT.NO MORALE.DELL SURE IS HELL.

5-Don't buy any laptop in any PC FAIR(I bought it from Ezytronic in USM's PC/I.T Fair in July 2009) without serious consideration especially when your home was far distant with the particular shop where you purchased(in this case I live in Johor) and Ezytronic (now I know Ezytronic got a shop in Subang and one shop in Lowyat Plaza...but do you expect these fact will help?ermmm..) was far in the north...scary right once you got a problem with your purchase?).

6-Be careful with the salesman especially with sweet mouth and free gifts. Especially this man- (01755950*3)

p/s- Join this- http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=329774967502 for more info regarding this excellent quality of Dell product.

UPDATE(January 8th 2011)- No help from Ezytronic except a long conversation with their in charge(not the irresponsible salesman((01755950*3),but a woman, she admit she is a 'madam' type when I asked,. An understandable woman. For that I give a credit.

She demand to see the laptop bill sheet after I explained my situation(bought July 09,warranty expired already,fair, I just wanted the 'service tag'only....means that I am ready to repair the MOBO with my own money by contacting Dell service and Dell will provide the MOBO and I will pay for the service and part. Clear isn't it?(remember that Dell wanted to know first the laptop's service tag or there will be no help(excellent service).I dont have it(service tag) and Ezytronic can't give a damn help. So now what? just let this customer turn away after you ate his near RM3K?).


Seems like there was no solution when we discussed,so I just said to her ,for consideration in the future, to make sure all of their salesman for not just only think of/make sales but should also provide the customer what they need to know bout their right. I already got pawned by these scumbags(the salesman(01755950*3) and Dell)

Ezytronic should mentioned what type of laptop;-refurbished or new unit at the 1st place right before the customer paid. (what? you expected the customer will automatically know all the matters themself?This is MY FIRST PURCHASED ON A NEW LAPTOP-DELL LAPTOP!!!Oh...it's an opportunity to con me?oooo)

Explained clearly that; If refurbished then have no service tag and if got problem later after warranty period what the customer have to do and whom to refer. Not just kicking the ball from one to one and another. (3rd bad business ethic)

Like I mentioned above, it's okay if you want to make business but be responsible with after sales service.

May God make you pay back.

The woman then suggest if I went back to Penang, I can just go to their place(Ezytronic) to sent the laptop for repair. Ishhhh......Come to Penang all over from Johor just to sent the laptop? (I dont believe with courier service...you expect RM3K fragile laptop can survived in more than 500km road trip?Want to open new territory for new problem? Not a chance. Ezytronic them self send their PEOPLE to deliver the laptop for me in Penang).

Now I don't know what to do. Even if I got money to repair, I still can't. Here in Pontian there is a place that sell laptop including Dell the Hell, but I believe they will also be asking bout 'service tag'.... so you already know where this all will go.

Update-I already report this to KPDNKK.And *= 2